ATH-M40X is the solution for all music lovers, and recording professionals who want to have the legendary performance of the ATH-M50X and don’t wanna spend the 200$, Audio Technica created the ATH-M40X as a lower grade and affordable studio monitor but whilst maintaining the same flat and accurate response the M50x has, also equipped with a pair of detachable cables, one 1.2 to 3m coiled cables for DJ’s to use, and a 3m flat cable terminated with 3.5mm gold plated connector.
The ATH-M40X has a nice even frequency response, with rich full bodied sound, it is a great start up headphones for audiophiles, its light weight, comfortable, and provides a relatively good isolation with minimum sound leakage which make them great headphones even for portable use.
They are fairly easy to drive from any source but, as usual a good portable amp such as a FiiO E11k make a great enhancement to their sound. The build quality of the M40X is similar to the M50X, with comfortable memory foam cushions, swirling caps, collapsible design, and detachable cables, you are surely getting your money’s worth, as I mentioned before these are a great value for money headphones with a lot of versatility and I highly recommend them as a start up headphones.
- Cutting-edge engineering and robust construction
- 40 mm drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Tuned flat for incredibly accurate sound monitoring across the entire frequency range
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- 90° swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
- Professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort
- Detachable cable
What’s In the Box?
- ATH-M40X headphone
- Soft carry Pouch
- 6.3 to 3.5 mm screw on adapter
- 3m straight cablesConnector Gold-plated stereo 3.5 mm connector with strain relief
- 1.2m-3m coiled cable.
- Type: Over Ear Headphone (Circumaural)
- Drivers Size: 40 mm
- Drivers Type: Closed-back dynamic
- Frequency Response: 15 – 24,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 96 dB @1mW
- Impedance: 35 Ω
- Microphone sensitivity: NA
- Maximum Input: 1,600 mW @ 1KHz
- Weight with out cable: 240 g
- Connecter: 3.5mm gold plated
- MSRP: 499
- Warranty: 1 year