In most of our news these days, we keep on saying that wireless is becoming the king between companies, and most new products even in high res music are focusing on this features.
Chord just released three new products at CES 2017 on Las Vegas: poly, Hugo2 and Blu MK.LL.
Following up with Audio forum last year you will hear some talk about Chord working on some accessories for there award wining Mojo DAC Headphones amplifier.
Today Chord Announce at the CES 2017 there new Products the Poly To be added to the Mojo: A product that enables Mojo headphone amp/DAC as a fully fledged high-resolution wireless network music player, streamer and SD card playback device, with wireless playback and control from smartphones. So Poly will enables wireless audio playback from smartphones and no connecting cable is needed.
Poly acts as a Wi-Fi and Bluetooth hub and allow you to stream music over Wi-Fi, network storage devices (NAS) and collections stored on SD cards. Poly will have an IOS and Android app for your smartphone.
So in summary Poly will let use the Mojo and your smartphone to play high res music wirelessly and memory free for your smart phone.
Chord Poly Features:
- Made from Precision machined aluminium casing with black anodisation same as the Mojo.
- Support Bluetooth A2DP.
- Support Wifi.
- 9 Hours Battery.
- Support SD card.
- Compatible with Airplay and DLNA.
- Playback support: Roon, DNLA, Airplay, and Bluetooth playback.
- Files supported: ACC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, OGG VORBIS, ALAC, WMA, and MP3.
- DSD via DoP sample rates: DSD64 – DSD512 (Octa-DSD).
- Work with IOS and Android Devices.
- Dimensions: 50mm (L) x 62mm (W) x 22mm (H)
Color is black , Price not set and expected to be around USD600, Release date early 2017.
Chord Hugo 2:
Chord Hugo which released in 2014 is one of the best DAC you can ever use, and it is been revealing with WooAudio Wa8 Tube amp DAC for a while. So it seems Chrod want to push the competition a notch in 2017 by upgrading there great DAC / Amp and they announced the Hugo 2 also today in CES 2107.
Hugo 2 will look a bit same to Hugo but it will has Chord’s latest FPGA and Watts Transient Aligned. a better battery up to 7 hours, more noise reductio, and higher headphones amplifying power. all input and output from Hugo are still provided in the new version so if you have a full setup and you want to get the Hugo 2, you are safe.
Chord Hugo 2 Features:
- Chipset: Chord Electronics custom coded Xilinx Artix 7 (XC7A15T) FPGA
- Connectivity (input wireless): Bluetooth (Apt X) (Blue): 44.1kHz – 48kHz – 16bit / 1x 3.5mm jack headphone output / 1x stereo (L & R) RCA output
- Connectivity (output): 1x ¼” jack headphone output
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz +/- 0.2dB
- Output impedance: 0.025Ω
- THD: <0.0001% 1kHz 3v RMS 300Ω
- Signal to noise ratio: 126dB ‘A’ Weighted
- Power output @ 1kHz 1% THD: 94mW 300Ω / 740mW 33Ω / 1050mW 8Ω
- Weight: 450g
- Dimensions: 130mm (L) x 100mm (W) x 21mm (H)
it will come in black and silver color options same as Hugo 2. price is not set yet ( expected to be USD 1799), and release date is early 2017.
Chord Blu MK.LL:
Blu MK.LL is made form Precision machined Choral aluminium matching the DAVE.
Connectivity options are AES, optical, and a dual S/PDIF output which can connect straight to Chord’s DAVE digital-to-analogue converter. Blu MkII also features a digital input so it can be used as a dedicated upsampler for your digital audio files.
it will come in silver color option same as DAVE. price will be around USD 799 , and release date is early 2017.
Check out our CES 2017 Coverage