The HM-650 is the latest DAP from HIFIMAN, it’s the younger and more affordable brother of the Flagship model HM-901, and they both share a lot of the main features that makes the HM-650 a special and a great value DAP (digital audio player).
The HM-650 is equipped with a duel WM8740 DAC chips one for each channel, which is a brilliant DAC chip for reference quality audio, and the same chip is used in the FiiO X5. With it state of the art OPA627 used in filtering, HM-650 delivers remarkable sound quality with fine detail and imaging.
HM-650 incorporates a step potentiometer volume control to provide the cleanest output possible, despite it high cost because HIFIMAN is focused on performance and quality and will not compromise by using cheap volume controls. With its upgradable Amp card option, the HM-650 can easily drive the hardest and power hungry full size headphones, and offer a variety of listening experience to satisfy the most demanding Audiophiles and music lovers.
If you want to discover the full potential of this great DAP you should listen to it using the balanced output, all you need is to use a headphone with a balanced cable and then you can see what type of quality the HM-650 can produce, the only thing missing from the HM-650 is the DSD support, and I think this will be added soon with future FW upgrades, other than this I can’t recommend this player enough.
- Duel WM8740 24 bit DAC chips for the best sound quality
- Step attenuator volume control for the best quality
- 9 hours battery life
- Vintage classic design
- New TAICHI user interface very simple and responsive.
- Balanced audio output
- Compatible with most music formats, MP3,WAV,FLAC,APE,ALAC,AIFF,AAC..
- Upgradable amplifier cards to suit all type of earphones (sold separately)
- Able to drive all types & sizes of headphones.
What’s In the Box?
- HM-650 Player
- USB cable
- Wall Charger
- RCA Line out, S/PDIF line cable
- Type: portable high resolution music player
- Out-Put Impedance: varies depending on Amp card
- Headphone Impedance Range: 10~300 Ω
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20KHz +/- 0.4dB
- Signal/Noise Ratio: 0.003%@1KHz
- THD: < 0.008%@1KHz(line out)
- Dimension: 29mm (D) X 72mm (W) X 117mm (H)
- Battery Life: 9
- Charging Time: 4
- Weight : 250 g
- Output: Stereo 3.5mm
- MSRP: 2150 AED
- Warranty: 1 year.