When I first Heard that OPPO is launching their first high end headphone, I had some mixed thoughts, considering OPPO’s capabilities of make impressive high products while always focusing on getting the best value for money and maintaining a very competitive price point, and on the second hand OPPO are new to the headphone market, which makes a tough challenge to be able to come up with a headphones that will compete with Audeze, HIFIMAN, and Sennhieser since they all have been leaders in this field for quite some time.But as usual OPPO never failed to impress.
The PM-1 OPPO’s flagship headphone utilizes a planar magnetic driver that sets it apart from the most headphones on the market. Sound is generated by a very thin and light seven layered diaphragm whose entire surface area is evenly driven. The diaphragm is driven in a symmetric pull-push manner, and the magnetic system and conductor patterns have been optimized for maximum sensitivity and consistency.
The OPPO PM-1 offers a different way of thinking about planar magnetic technology, characterized by its natural, dynamic, and engaging sound quality with a great emphasis on comfort and reduced weight, PM1 is one of few Planar headphones that weighs less than 500g, it combines high sensitivity with low weight, allowing it to be used freely with portable devices without requiring additional amplification. Its circumaural, open back design provides the best in sound quality and comfort, and the overall rugged construction ensures that the headphones can withstand mechanical and environmental stress. It is the result of many years of research led by a team comprised of passionate audio and acoustics engineers, chemical and materials scientists, and audiophiles
A more detailed review for the PM1 will be posted soon so please keep checking our website for updates.
- Easily Replaceable Components, the OPPO PM-1’s earpads are mounted on rubber inserts and can be easily cleaned or replaced
- Premium Accessories
- Comfort,with a weight of 395 g, PM-1 strikes a delicate balance between weight, comfort, and elegant industrial design
- Piano finish wooden box
- Build Quality OPPO PM-1 is ruggedly constructed with an emphasis on long term use and maximum consistency from unit to unit.
- OPPO’s planar magnetic driver diaphragm has 7 layers of thin materials that provide excellent performance, reliability, and longevity
- 32Ω Impedance, makes it easy to drive from almost any portable source.
- Well balanced sound quality with great imaging and a wide soundstage.
What’s In the Box?
- OPOO PM-1 Headphone
- Piano Finish Wooden Box
- Carrying Case
- 6.35 mm and 3.5 mm cables
- Original set of lambskin leather ear pads
- Alternative set of lambskin leather ear pads
- Set of velour ear pads
- 3 m detachable OCC cable (6.35 mm)
- 1 m detachable OFC cable (3.5 mm)
- Type: Over-ear full sized (Circumaural) open back
- Drivers Size: NA
- Drivers Type: Planar Magnetic
- Frequency Response:10 – 50,000Hz
- Sensitivity: 102 dB @1mW
- Impedance: 32Ω
- Microphone sensitivity: NA
- Maximum Input: 500 mW
- Weight with cable: 395 g
- Connecter: 6.35mm and 3.5mm
- MSRP: 4999AED
- Warranty: 1 year